What they do:
Spreading the Gospel to the ends of the earth! That's what Operation Christmas Child is all about. Through families and small groups, we have packed around 700 shoeboxes. To God be the Glory!
How you can help:
Collect items throughout the year and then help staff the relay center at SUMC filling boxes with toys, school supplies and toiletries at our annual packing party.
- From February to April we are collecting smalltoys, stuffed animals, soap, wash clothes and toothbrushes.
- Sew pencil bags which hold the school supplies. The pattern is very simple, if you are interested we have plenty of fabric donated and just need your time and talent.
- Recycle the fronts of your Christmas and any other greeting cards heading to the waste bin, so we can write and encouraging note to the children and place one in each box. They love notes and letters!
- When "Spring Cleaning," moving or decuttering, the kids love hats, scarves, baseball caps, jewelry, note pads, stickers and anything small that would fit in a shoebox and bless a child.
- Call the office to arrange a pick up of your "Treasures."
Thank you for helping, you are the hands and feet of Jesus!
Operation Christmas Child:
SUMC and local community members collect small items throughout the year to pack in shoeboxes and send in November. Each box is filled with gifts for underprivelaged children around the world, but the greatest gift is given to the children when they learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please consider picking up school supplies for shoeboxes while the crayons, markers, paper pads, pencils, erasers, etc. are on sale.
SUMC hosts a community packing party in late October and is a drop off site for national collection week in early November.
Click HERE for more information.
Contact: Rick and Gloria Lee