What they do:
Spreading the Gospel to the ends of the earth! That's what OCC is all about. Through Families and small groups, we have packed around 700 shoeboxes. If you would like to begin the journey of a shoebox and pack some shoeboxes for 1-2 hrs, please call the church office to connect with Gloria to arrange a time. Any time of the day works. We are meeting in the preschool room at the Church, and adhering to the Church Safety Guidelines for COVID prevention. We also have things you can do at home to help. To God be the Glory! Gloria Le e, OCC Kitsap Area Coordinator
How you can help:
Collect items throughout the year and then help staff the relay center at SUMC filling boxes with toys, school supplies and toiletries at our annual packing party.
- From February to April we are collecting smalltoys, stuffed animals, soap, wash clothes and toothbrushes.
- This is a great time of year to sew pencil bags which hold the school supplies. The pattern is very simple, if you are interested we have plenty of fabric donated and just need your time and talent.
- Please remember to cut the fronts of your Christmas and any other greeting cards heading to the waste bin, so we can write and encouraging not to the children and palce one in each box. They love notes and letters!
- Remember when "Spring Cleaning" the kids love hats, scarves, baseball caps, jewelry, note pads, stickers and anything small that would fit in a shoebox and bless a child.
- Call the office to arrange a pick up of your "Treasures" or if you would like to sew pencil bags! SUMC Office: 360-692-9813.
Thank you for helping, you are the hands and feet of Jesus!
Operation Christmas Child:
SUMC and local community members collect small items throughout the year to pack in shoeboxes and send in November. Each box is filled with gifts for underprivelaged children around the world, but the greatest gift is given to the children when they learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please consider picking up school supplies for shoeboxes while the crayons, markers, paper pads, pencils, erasers, etc. are on sale. SUMC hosts a community packing party and drop off site for national collection week in late October and early November. Click HERE for more information. With thanks from the Missions Team and Rick and Gloria Lee, our efforts continue to flourish each year.